Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

BC DAY LONG WEEKEND

Another quick break from school for BC DAY which was Monday August 2nd. My friend Joel came over to visit as well as catch up with lots of old friends from when he lived here not too long ago. We rented a car and headed to Whistler for the weekend, did some hiking, ate some sushi....

Probably one of the highlights of the weekend was during the drive home when we stopped about halfway back to the city in Squamish at Stawamus Chief Provincial Park. We hiked the second largest granite monolith in the world which was basically an upward climb of rock faces and man made staircases. Despite the half digested sushi and beer holding us down and our lack of preparation to pack water, the 2 hour climb seemed well worth it when we made it to the top. I didn't even have my camera but here are a few pictures I took on my phone. 


PADZ:)

No comments:

Post a Comment