Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 23, 2011

One Step Closer, I can smell the dream....smells like mashed potatos.

Hello again to all my friends, 
I'm glad you came to play,
the fun and learning never ends
here's what we did today!

Well folks, I am officially a Permittee member of the Director's Guild of Canada in BC. WHICH MEANS I successfully completed all necessary courses, showed proof of completion of a Film Production post secondary education, completed 30 full days of paid work with a unionized production and passed the Permittee Log Book Holder's Exam. YES! I can now start logging work days towards the 120 days I have left in order to be an Executive Member. What would be the benefit of this Amy? I'll tell you! Every major production filmed in BC is a part of the Director's Guild and they are not permitted to hire non union members if there are any union members looking for work. There are several unions in BC that fill an entire production crew, I chose the DGC in order to one day become a production manager. Huge, gigantic, enormous slippery ladder to the top....Thanks in advance for supporting!! 

PS Come out and visit the weather is amaaazzzinngg!!!
PADZ:)

No comments:

Post a Comment