Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Working on set

Busy. Busy.
Term five is underway and over our brief break I got the chance to help out on the set of a short film being shot just outside of the city. It was a late 1800's- early 1900's period piece directed by Jennifer Li, a recent Film Production grad from VFS. I was working as an Art Assistant which means helping build, develop and dress the sets to make them look like they were from over 100 years ago. I learned a lot about how a film set runs and who does what during production. I got a taste of the long hours that go into making a short film on a micro budget and got to feel the satisfaction of a wrap day. I wish Jennifer luck as she heads into post production and look forward to working on set again soon. 
Here are a few pictures I snuck in during shooting.....

The film is called MARIGOLD and it is scheduled to hit the festival circuit in 2011.
They got to work with lots of fun toys.
LOTS of fun toys.
Here is a kitchen set I helped age with hot chocolate powder.
Make-up team hard at work.
PADZ:)



No comments:

Post a Comment