Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 27, 2010

VISITORS

It's always a little strange and bizarre when your friends step off the plane and back into your life. But within a matter of minutes, or so it seems, you've rebalanced your lives again to include one another. 

Visiting such tourist attractions as Stanley Park and The Capilano Suspension Bridge I may be guilty of using them as a reason to indulge. But also very happy to show them new favourites of mine, including Granville Island, Tsunami Sushi and Benny's Bagels, which they've all heard me speak so highly of. 

It's a pleasure to host old friends in my new city. It's nice to have them remind me of where I'm from and share stories of people back home that I'm working so hard to make proud. It's a shame I'll be missing Ashley's busy year as she builds her first home. Can't wait to be her first guest when I come home at Christmas to visit. And I have to offer congratulations to Tune for landing her first teaching gig up north in BC. So many firsts, it must be a big year. Can't wait to catch up again!

PADZ:)

No comments:

Post a Comment